American Cancer Society Free Programs & Services
The American Cancer Society offers the following free programs and services:
- National Cancer Information Center 1-800-ACS-2345 Information is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Access to information and assistance with referrals to community support and resources. Bi-lingual specialists available.
- Patient Navigation - Reliable, compassionate, and objective assistance with navigation through the health care system.
- "tlc" - a magazine and catalog of products for women with cancer.
- Transportation- Taxi and car service offered free of charge for patients to and from treatment. Mileage, parking, and toll reimbursement also available.
- Road to Recovery - Provides transportation for cancer patients to and from related medical/treatment appointments.
- Wig boutique - We have new wigs, hats, and scarves for cancer patients. Patients can either select something from our boutique or we will reimburse them for a wig they purchased on their own. We also have gift certificates to "tlc".
- Reach to Recovery - A one-on-one support program, for people facing breast cancer. Trained breast cancer survivors offer information, answer questions and provide support to people diagnosed and /or undergoing treatment. A kit with information on breast cancer and a post-surgical bra and puff is also provided to patients.
- Man to Man - A one-on-one support program, for men facing prostate cancer. Trained prostate cancer survivors offer information, answer questions and provide support to men with prostate and/or undergoing treatment.
- Person to Person - A one-on-one support program, for patients facing cancer. Trained cancer survivors offer information, answer questions and provide support to patients facing cancer and/or undergoing treatment.
- Hope Lodge - Free housing for cancer patients and their caregiver undergoing treatment.