Family Care Center
Mercy Hospital takes pride in having a full-service outpatient obstetrical and pediatric service. Experienced, caring and dedicated obstetricians, pediatricians, neonatologists, physician assistants and nursing staff trained in these areas of expertise, staff this service. Our outpatients receive all the care they require in the comfort of our modern setting.
Mercy's Family Care Center offer services and counseling for mothers, teens, and children. Mothers continue to receive individual attention and return to Mercy for obstetric care and deliver their second or third babies.
Through the outpatient services department, Mercy offers a prenatal care program that helps mothers-to-be-give their babies a healthy start in life, regardless of financial ability or immigration status. Mercy offers complete pregnancy care and other health services to women and teens who live in Nassau County, eastern Queens and other nearby communities.
The Neonatal Outpatient Developmental Assessment Program:
Neonatologists provide developmental assessment to all premature babies from discharge to 3 years of age.
The synagis vaccine is provided to eligible premature babies from October through April to protect them from developing severe RSV infection.
Mercy's Family Care Center services include:
- Routine Prenatal Care
- High-Risk Pregnancy Care
- Nutritional Guidance
- Medicaid Certification
- Social Services
- WIC Referrals
- HIV Counseling and Testing
- Perinatal Consultation
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse Screening
- Routine Exams (pap smears, breast exams)
- Post-Partum Follow-up
- Endometrial Biopsies
- Follow-up Care from the Emergency Department
- Referrals for Mammography
- General Health Physicals
- Sick Visits
- Hearing and Vision Screenings
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Cardiac Evaluation
- Ongoing Cardiac Follow-up (services performed by a Pediatric Cardiologist; available with a referral from Pediatrician)
- Neonatal High-Risk
- Follow-up Care for infants from Mercy's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at risk for developmental delays
- Social Service Referrals
- Synagis prophylactic immunizations for infants at risk for RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus)
Hours of Operation:
- Monday to Friday, 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday, 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
- Monthly by appointment
- By appointment
- Tuesday, 1:30 pm to 4:00 pm
For more information, please call 516-62-MERCY or 516-626-3729.