Mercy Hospital Diabetes Education Services
Mercy's Diabetes Care Center offers a comprehensive outpatient educational program for people with diabetes and their families. We are located in the Family Care Center on the 2nd floor of the main hospital.
- Self management techniques
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Foot care, exercise
- Eye care
- Lifestyle changes that promote good health
The Mercy Hospital Diabetes Education Center is recognized by the American Diabetes Association for Quality Self-Management Education.
With good education and training you can dramatically reduce the risks and prevent the complications associated with diabetes.
Important Facts about the Diabetes Education Center
- This Program qualifies for insurance reimbursement with many insurance companies
- The course is approved for Medicare reimbursement
Share the Experience
A family member or significant others of enrolled participants are invited and encouraged to attend the Diabetes Education Center, at no additional cost.
Mercy offers the program every month and it includes:
- One individual assessment followed by
- Four group classes - 2 hours each.
Call us for further information, and to schedule your assessment.
Call Today: (516) 705-1613