School of Radiography
Mercy Medical Center's School of Radiography is a two-year program accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, and by the New York State Department of Health.
This educational program is 24 months in duration, and requires full-time attendance. The course of study consists of two components: a formal classroom program and clinical application of Radiologic Procedures. Clinical rotation will take place at Mercy Medical Center, Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center and St. Charles Hospital during the two years.
Graduates of the program are awarded a certificate from Mercy, and are then eligible to take the national certification exam from the American Registry of Radiology Technologists. Passing the exam also certifies the graduate to become a Licensed Radiologic Technologist in New York State.
ARRT Pass Rate National Comparisons:
The following are the MINIMUM Program requirements:
• Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent (GED) required by law
• Minimum of an Associate Degree- conferred on or before July 1, 2020
• Satisfactory score on entrance exam (70 or higher)
• Ability to meet technical requirements listed below
• Good Health as determined by your personal physician
• Passing a drug screening examination
• Clinical observation time & written essay after the observation
Please note that meeting the above minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
The applicant must be able to:
1. Communicate clearly to patients and staff
2. Move immobile patients from a stretcher to the x-ray table with assistance from department personnel
3. Push a wheelchair from the patient's waiting area to the x-ray room.
4. Reach up to six feet off the floor
5. Lift twenty-five pounds of weight
6. Visually monitor patients in the x-ray room from the control booth
7. Audibly monitor patients and equipment
Click on these links to download the:
- School of Radiography catalog
- Mission statement and program effectiveness data
- Admission requirements
- Application form
Please download and complete the application - mail it along with your $100 non-refundable application fee to:
MMC School of Radiography
Attention: Barbara Geiger
1000 N. Village Ave. - P.O. Box 9024
Rockville Centre, NY 11571-9024
Applications and fee will ONLY be accepted between October 1, 2019 through February 28, 2020. Classes will begin in September 2020.
For more information, contact the School of Radiography's Program Director Barbara Geiger at 516-705-2272 or email@example.com.